BOSS Spotlight:Meet the "Purposeful Strategist" Nicole Thomas

Nicole Thomas, MSN, RN, CCM, has 11 years of experience in leadership, healthcare management, clinical knowledge, and business acumen. Her mission is to help female healthcare professionals to awaken their God-given purpose as a healthcare professional through education and action-oriented
empowerment. Nicole is currently working on her Doctor of Nursing Practice.She is also the author of “In Health, On Purpose: Awakening  to Your True Calling in The Healthcare Profession”

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? 

Nicole Thomas: In the very beginning of my career as a nurse, I was faced with dealing with a not so nice divorce, which in the mist left me dead broke financially and broken personally. When I decided to step out into the world of entrepreneurship, I made every mistake imaginable, from not getting proper legal agreements, not checking references on people who claimed to be experts in certain field to assist
me, and trying to focus on too many things at once vs. focusing on the right things.

BN: What inspired you to break into your particular industry?

NT: I became a nurse honestly because that was my chosen path by God, but I went beyond the confines of being “just a nurse” because of the void that I felt as if something was missing. I was able to discover that I had so many talents that I needed to expound upon and that “just being a nurse” was
not my final destination but it was a form of transportation to my ultimate destination of being a nurse educator & leader, community health advocate, author, and purposeful living strategist.

BN: How do you balance your personal and professional life or have you been able to find a balance? 

NT:This continues to be a struggle at times if I can be honest. However, it has gotten a lot better because I am learning the power of the word “NO” to things that are not intentional and pull away from me spending time with my family and progressing in my business.

BN: What is an inspirational quote that you live by? 

NT: There are so many as I am a quote fanatic, but my favorite one is “ Success is never owned. It is rented and the rent is due everyday.” -- -Unknown

BN: Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? 

NT: So I always say a mentor doesn’t have to be someone you talk to personally they can mentor you from afar. So my afar mentors are T.D. Jakes & Michelle Obama. My personal mentor is my mom because that woman has been so influential in my life and is always encouraging me.

BN: What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? 

NT: My “must haves” include my administrative assistant, the entire Google business suite (Google calendar, Google docs, Gmail, etc.), Calendly, a business coach/mentor, my husband & mom, and absolutely God.

BN: What is your definition of a BOSS? 

NT:To me a BOSS is someone who doesn’t run from the fire but they create the fire. A BOSS is someone who walks boldly in THEIR authentic purpose unapologetically. A BOSS uplifts other women and isn’t afraid to let other women shine.



Be sure to follow Nicole Thomas on Twitter @nicolethomasinc and check out her products and services at  www.nicolethomasinc.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC